Croydon Supported Employment
We believe that everyone has something to offer and everyone can do something. As a result, if you decide that you would like to use our service, we will spend approximately four to six weeks getting to know you, your skills and your aspirations. We will meet you in our offices and at places where you feel comfortable and at ease. The purpose of getting to know you individually is to determine your strengths and job and work environment preferences and to help you manage your mental health at work. Once we have completed this process - called a vocational profile and agreed a support strategy, we will begin job searching.
We build relationships with local job centres and hold weekly job clubs, either at our Croydon office or within the local job centres. You will be encouraged and supported to search for jobs in newspapers and online as well as use the facilities and the job centre and initiate contact with prospective employers. We will work with you to create / update your CV, support you to decide how best to and how much to disclose about your mental health, conduct practice interviews and, if you feel you would like the support, attend interviews with you.
Once you have started work, you will be provided with ongoing support according to your particular support needs.
- You must be interested in moving towards work, education, training or social inclusion
- You must have an understanding of your mental health and be able to manage your medication, or have appropriate services involved if not taking medication
- You must have been stable for a period of time
- You must be linked into CPA or appropriate services and support networks or be receiving treatment from your GP
- You must live in the London Borough of Croydon
- Earlyne Jordan
- 0208 655 3344