Employment Adviser - Full Time Severe and Enduring Mental Health Team
Remote Working & Office - Lambeth, Croydon South London
Status Employment Ltd supports anonymous recruitment. That means hiding your personal identifying information, removing bias from the hiring process.
Status Employment are a Mental Health Supported Employment Charity; we offer one-to-one support for people with Mental Health issues to remain in and retain employment. We are an organisation that has a diverse team of individuals that pride themselves on professionalism, strong values, and hard work to make a real difference to people's lives; we are committed to maintaining that diversity through ongoing recruitment.
The role will be to support people who have or are recovering from mental health challenges; experiencing barriers affecting their ability to move towards or stay in paid employment.
Status Employment are looking for:
A Full Time Employment Adviser: £28,000
The Role is immediate start, 35 hours per week over 5 days to join our established team. As Covid rules are relaxed this will become a mixture of working in our Lambeth and Croydon offices as well as working remotely.
To work within the mission statement and values of Status Employment ensuring at all times respect for candidates’ rights and personal dignity
To enable candidates to take full advantage of opportunities to gain and retain paid employment
Each Employment Consultant will take a primary role in the employment process. Each will have their own caseload and be responsible for following Status Employment’s processes, which include:
- Compiling a Vocational Profile and Support Strategy for each candidate
- Assisting the candidate to decide the best job match
- Liaising with the candidates support network
- Giving information to candidates concerning benefits and implications of paid employment
- Building relationships with employers and other networks to create better opportunities for candidates
- Finding and securing suitable employment for candidates
- Conducting Job Analysis and individualised in-work Support Strategy
- Providing appropriate training and support for both employer and candidate
Status Employment may undertake special projects. You will be expected to assist with the development of such initiatives as required by the Senior Employment Consultant
To provide support for their colleagues’ candidates and employers at times of annual leave and sickness in order to ensure the vital network of support is maintained
Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by the Chief Executive / Management Team
To work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Work with the Clinicians to support Clients to achieve their best outcomes
- Support Clients to devise a strategy to help them move forward with their employment needs
- Help clients with all aspects of a job search: applications, networking etc.
- Deliver Job Seeking, CV and Interview Workshops
- Develop an effective knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and other relevant employment legislation
- Have good IT skills - we use a database to capture data at every point of contact - and have knowledge of online platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of this post.